Consulting Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Consulting Internship Interview Questions

Consulting internship interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

A worker is to perform work for you for seven straight days. In return for his work, you will pay him 1/7th of a bar of gold per day. The worker requires a daily payment of 1/7th of the bar of gold. If you were only able to make 2 cuts to the gold bar, describe how this will allow you to pay him 1/7th each day?

2 Answers

I'd melt it, not cut it.

first cut 1/7, 2nd cut 2/7, this will leave a remainder of 4/7 bar 1st day: give him 1/7 bar, 2nd day, give him 2/7 bar and get back the 1/7 bar, 3rd day: give him the 4/7 bar and get back the 2/7 and the1/7 bar and etc etc.

They give you an article from WST and they ask you to read and analyze it. Afterwords they ask you some simple math questions to calculate something relevant to the article. Similar to a business case question.

1 Answer

What was your favorite and least favorite class in college and why?

1 Answer

How would you help someone figure out a problem with their computer? Consider the person to be helped as someone with no knowledge about computers.

1 Answer

Tell me a time of failure and how this has led to your learning.

The character evaluation questions were nothing especially difficult. Just the case. She asked the basics: Name something you have had to overcome during college? What are your strengths? etc.

on a scale of 1 to 10, rate yourself on confidence/teamwork/diligience/work ethic/...follow up with example.

What do you know about out company? What is one thing that is quirky about you? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Behavioral Questions

Um, I would say one of the hardest ones was, "Tell me about a time when you wanted to go against the group or had another idea. What did you do?"

110 of 14 Interview Questions