CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CONSUMER LOAN UNDERWRITER Interview Questions

CONSUMER loan underwriter interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Has there ever been a time where you needed to bend the rules to accomplish a goal? (The answer is "no")

2 Answers

No, this is a question about being morally sound and ethical

It depends. sometimes rules are created by groups of people who have no role or idea of the type of work done or the systems in which it takes place and it is only by those people who "bend" the rules to complete or accomplish a goal that either: a-efficiencies are put into place to alter or adjust the previous rule to make it less restrictive or more sensible to do it another way or b-the rule is modified to be more restrictive or clear-cut since it may have been too vague and said rule was broken or bent (knowingly or unknowingly) bc people didn't understand it or it wasn't all-encompassing enough. sometimes rules have 'exceptions' -- my DTI is 49% but my LTV is 30% and the bwr has $1.2mm in the bank....so a judgment call has to be made. everyone on earth has to answer yes to this question, so do you get marked off if you give a firm NO?? or if you answer honestly but give a rationale, reasonable justification for why, at least you were honest and 'showed your work'..?

Typical corporate interview questions: list your flaws, attributes, examples of when you did something at a previous employer.

1 Answer

Why would I leave such an exciting job!?

1 Answer

Describe a time in which you had to work with others in an adverse or difficult situation, what actions did you take, and what was the outcome?

Describe a situation in which you wanted to approve a deal which was over the maximum allowed ratios and what was the reason?

They use a template to ask questions, seemed very formal

Not a question, but they will ask you to go over general information including your work history/background and what your job responsibilities were, why are are looking for/applying for a new job, what is your experience level with calculating different types of income especially self-employment income.

Tell me about a time you had to make an unpopular decision and what was the outcome? Explain what information is on a Credit Report Tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news to a customer and how did you handle it?

Tell me a time when you managed a high pipeline; what did you do to ensure quality was maintained?

Tell me a time when you made a decision without all of the factors available

110 of 27 Interview Questions