Content editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for content editor

Content editor Interview Questions

content editor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you prioritize topics that need to be written?

2 Answers

I try to get a sense of the need for the topics by asking subject matter experts and other interested parties; then I prioritize based on whether this is a new topic, a revision, a requirement to address changed circumstances, or a "nice to have." Emergency topics take first priority; then topics that can be completed quickly; then topics that are needed, but which will require more time to investigate.

You would have to draw up an outline that included variables with respect to deadline and value. Once that was accomplished, you should develop an analysis of each item with respect to profit, qty available, vs realistic completion of the project deadline expectation. Say we have 100 widgets that are slow sellers, with a low margin and time consuming to write, and 1000 widgets with the same amount of work, yet are far more profitable, you would outline them in a multi-fold hierarchical format. Equal work and deadline, unequal values. If the next four items were also fast sellers with high quantities and significant profit margins, and took as much work as the 100 widgets, decisions would need to be made. Rush jobs are better served by making compromises. It's better to exclude weaker profit items, in order to ensure all high profit items are included and the quality of the finished product does not read as slap-dash, and that pesky deadline is met. Over-reaching is the hobgoblin of lost accounts.

How do you measure the success of content?

1 Answer

'So are you able to start writing right away?"

5 Answers

They asked me to write a 1200-word blog post on the Toyota Prius.

3 Answers

If Nasa had a trip to Mars, would you go?

1 Answer

How will you gather, edit, build, and post content from such a large variety of content providers without a solid style guide or content review process in place.

SEO Experience

1 Answer

One question that I thought was weird during the interview was the department head literally just saying, "Tell me anything." Nothing to really go by. No direction. Other than that, it was a pretty standard interview.

1 Answer

Name a brand or company with an online presence you admire.

1 Answer

How would you come up with new content?

110 of 117 Interview Questions