Content Editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Content Editor Interview Questions

Content editor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How do you prioritize topics that need to be written?

2 Answers

I try to get a sense of the need for the topics by asking subject matter experts and other interested parties; then I prioritize based on whether this is a new topic, a revision, a requirement to address changed circumstances, or a "nice to have." Emergency topics take first priority; then topics that can be completed quickly; then topics that are needed, but which will require more time to investigate.

You would have to draw up an outline that included variables with respect to deadline and value. Once that was accomplished, you should develop an analysis of each item with respect to profit, qty available, vs realistic completion of the project deadline expectation. Say we have 100 widgets that are slow sellers, with a low margin and time consuming to write, and 1000 widgets with the same amount of work, yet are far more profitable, you would outline them in a multi-fold hierarchical format. Equal work and deadline, unequal values. If the next four items were also fast sellers with high quantities and significant profit margins, and took as much work as the 100 widgets, decisions would need to be made. Rush jobs are better served by making compromises. It's better to exclude weaker profit items, in order to ensure all high profit items are included and the quality of the finished product does not read as slap-dash, and that pesky deadline is met. Over-reaching is the hobgoblin of lost accounts.

How do you measure the success of content?

1 Answer

You've had three jobs in fifteen years. Why have you moved around so much? (Bloombergers are lifers and seldom go anywhere else).

1 Answer

There was a test to create a photo gallery based on a certain topic. My topic was "business" - very general.

1 Answer

One question that I thought was weird during the interview was the department head literally just saying, "Tell me anything." Nothing to really go by. No direction. Other than that, it was a pretty standard interview.

1 Answer

How will you gather, edit, build, and post content from such a large variety of content providers without a solid style guide or content review process in place.

1 Answer

Would you be willing to take a significant pay cut to work here.

1 Answer

Tell me about you most difficult situation, and how you were able to resolve it. What was the final result?

1 Answer

A few jumped me a little, but generally open-ended questions. "Teach me something" may have been the hardest, though I expected it from vetting the company online. Others asked to compare HubSpot to its closest competitors. Final tough one commented on my background, and why I'd be a good fit despite it.

1 Answer

'So are you able to start writing right away?"

110 of 73 Interview Questions