Content Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Content Writer Interview Questions

"When you apply to be a content writer, employers will interview you on your writing proficiency, reading comprehension skills, ability to write in multiple styles and formats, and creativity. Bring a portfolio to the interview that you can use to show the interviewer your skill in writing diverse styles. Some employers may expect you to know your way around popular web programming languages such as HTML and CSS."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What's your experience with online content creation?

1 Answer

Minimal honestly. But in school I did contribute sparingly to a newsletter that covered local restaurants in the area. It was a small, college town so it gave me a chance to work pretty closely with the business owners.

How do you prioritize topics that need to be written?

2 Answers

How do you measure the success of content?

1 Answer

One of the questions Sameer Sethi asked was why I wanted the position. This is a pretty normal question that can sometimes catch people off guard.

Doesn't matter.

1 Answer

Just some generic questions related to writing, college and working experience. I don't quite recall but i believe the phone interview was a bit longer and asked some more scenario type questions.

1 Answer

Most challenging question involved deep technical knowledge of technology differences.

1 Answer

The critical thinking test was pretty weird. Only 12 minutes for 40 questions. Things like analogies, incorrect spellings and finishing a sequence or identifying the incorrect number in a sequence. Felt a little like the SATs in miniature.

1 Answer

Give an example of a time that you used collaboration to solve a problem.

1 Answer

How would you increase our traffic?

110 of 375 Interview Questions