Contract Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Contract Engineer Interview Questions

Contract engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Describe a routine which returns the set of integers in {1..100} divisible without remainder by 3 but not by 9.

12 Answers

I'm assuming the question wants us to find integers that are divisible by 3 but not by 9. This can be easily obtained using a mod function inside the following if statement: if(number % 3 == 0 && number % 9 != 0) Here is a short program I wrote in c++ to show how to solve this problem. Instead of returning the set of integer, I just printed them out on the screen: #include #include using namespace std; int main(int argc, char** argv) { int i = 0; vector list; vector::iterator it; for(i = 1; i <= 100; i++) { if(i%3 == 0 && i%9 != 0) { list.push_back(i); } } for(it = list.begin(); it != list.end(); it++) { cout << *it << endl; } return 0; } If I missed anything, please let me know. Happy coding and problem solving!

That'll certainly work, Tyler, but the OP indicated he was interviewing for a Ruby On Rails - not C++ - gig.

put those integers into an array, pick every third element, out of which discard every third element.

the CFO asked me to describe a circumstance where I did not get along with a superior manager and how I handled it.

1 Answer

Asked about how I would deal with a team member who wasn't pulling their fair share.

1 Answer

What is your biggest weakness or mistake you made.

1 Answer

How much SQL experience do you have?

1 Answer

Cover your basics if trying for them. Expect any unexpected question. People are very sound technologically.

1 Answer

How do you code a checker board?

1 Answer

He had a diagram of a simple CPU with instruction memory and data memory, and a number of instructions in the instruction memory. He said there was a bug in one of the interconnects, either one of the pins is hooked up wrong, tied to 1, tied to 0, etc. He had me go through and debug by stepping through each instruction to find out where the problem was.

1 Answer

How do you swap two numeric values in two variables without using a third temporary variable?

110 of 52 Interview Questions