Contract Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Contract Manager Interview Questions

"If you are applying for an entry-level position in contract management, your employer will be mostly concerned with your ability to handle clerical tasks and assist upper management in evaluating contract agreements, so you can expect the interview to be comprised of basic questions to assess your work ethic. The interview for an upper-level contract management position will better evaluate your ability to negotiate contract details and develop policies, so prepare to answer questions about your knowledge of contract law and company policies."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

It was a mock situation involving problems with a project team's performance and the customer's constant changing requirements. Basically, how would you handle yourself , and what would you contribute to solve the internal and external issues.

1 Answer

It was difficult to be specific due to the relatively confusing organization structure. It was not clear who is the true leader in the mock situation, so a number of assumptions needed to be stated. Once I articulated those assumptions, then I could utilize my stronger more developed skills to drive resolution of the commercial and contractual issues. Once I described how to solve those issues, you could then be more specific on what to ask of the different functions so that the project team had all of the information required to solve the project and customer issues.

Was I able to process a signature counter signature and close out the contract process?.

1 Answer

What was my experience using project management tools and which ones?

1 Answer

Salary history of last (3) jobs.

1 Answer

Describe a time when you identified an inefficiency and what you did to remedy it (or why you were unable to remedy it).

1 Answer

You are asked a lot of situational questions and question that are meant to get to who you are and what your values are.

1 Answer

why medical devices are so expensive

1 Answer

How do you deal with competing priorities?

1 Answer

the CFO asked me to describe a circumstance where I did not get along with a superior manager and how I handled it.

How old is your father?