Controlling Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Controlling Interview Questions

Controlling interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

They asked a question that was somewhat confusing at the time but made a lot of sense later. They asked how I would deal with monitoring the work done by payroll administrators even as I was not their supervisor but was still responsible for the accuracy and quality of their work. Ironically, this question rang in my ears for a long time--it was definitely a dilemma.

2 Answers

Lacking overall context, this question appears to be taking a long view on the project ... if you're managing budget, tracking tasks and attentive to remaining scope of effort, it would be useful to ensure (minimally) that: - hours worked/paid aligned with estimates - hours worked by groups aligned with delivered work -- is it done, did that element exceed budget - reporting on overall project relative to plan ... in short, does it mirror (quite literally) where you say we should be. In this space, labor is one of the few variable costs ... failing to completely supervise payroll could quickly cause a project to go over budget.

That is true and I was happy to do that. The problem did not lie in tracking and managing budgets. The problem dealt with administrators having trouble receiving constructive criticism or being asked to fix their entry errors by someone that was not their supervisor, especially on a weekly basis since books closed weekly. Nonetheless, that was a big part of the job I was paid to do, the accuracy and integrity of the reports was my responsibility.

Tell me about a time when you were working in a team and your opinion was challenged.

1 Answer

Can I balance a high stressed work environment and role being that I was a single mother.

1 Answer

If you were a Disney character who would you be and why?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time where you failed and what did you learn from that situation?

1 Answer

Why should we hire you for this job?

1 Answer

"Have you ever fired a client." The question was a result of me over sharing. The interviewer did not understand that sole proprietors sometimes have to fire clients in order to survive and that this practice is encouraged by business experts.

1 Answer

Primarily relied on behavioral interview questions - some a little odd ("tell me about a time when your team was unwilling to help meet a deadline")

1 Answer

Why was I looking to come out of retirement at a lower level then when I retired.

110 of 788 Interview Questions