Copywriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Copywriter Interview Questions

"When you interview with an ad agency or other business for a copywriting position, the interviewer will ask questions that will determine whether you have the writing skills and advertising knowledge to write material that will help the the agency's clients sell their products. Prepare to present samples of your work and describe the techniques you used to make your material appeal to its target audience. You may be asked situational questions such as how you would use different forms of media to increase the appeal of a product to a range of consumers."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Can you name a time when you've created a campaign across multiple forms of media? If so, please describe the process.

1 Answer

I described a campaign I'd done that went across radio, web banner ads, social marketing and SEM marketing.

If given an article you write, how do you go about gathering research for the article?

1 Answer

Do you prefer business or product style writing?

1 Answer

Tell me about the most difficult project you've worked on, and what outcome was.

13 Answers

Even if you're submitted by an agency or a recruiter, have an answer for the question "Why Merkle?"

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you screwed up.

1 Answer

A question that made me question them a bit was would I have trouble writing copy for a brand for babies. I looked at this woman for a moment thinking she is serious, she staring back with a glazed stare, sort of expressionless.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time or situation where you had to deal with an unpleasant co-worker?

1 Answer

It wasn't a question but a matter of difficulty in focus. It was hard to focus or feel valued or engaged when the interviewer refused to make eye contact, didn't know about her own industry, and texted periodically during the process.

1 Answer

Why would you move on from where you are now?

110 of 577 Interview Questions