Copywriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Copywriter

Copywriter Interview Questions

"When you interview with an ad agency or other business for a copywriting position, the interviewer will ask questions that will determine whether you have the writing skills and advertising knowledge to write material that will help the the agency's clients sell their products. Prepare to present samples of your work and describe the techniques you used to make your material appeal to its target audience. You may be asked situational questions such as how you would use different forms of media to increase the appeal of a product to a range of consumers."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Do you prefer business or product style writing?

1 Answer

I have experience and enjoy doing both types.

If given an article you write, how do you go about gathering research for the article?

1 Answer

Can you name a time when you've created a campaign across multiple forms of media? If so, please describe the process.

1 Answer

Tell me about the most difficult project you've worked on, and what outcome was.

13 Answers

If you could start a business what would it be? What types of publications do you read? Can you handle the pace of a start up?

3 Answers

Why did you leave your last job?

2 Answers

What do you know about Indigo Slate?

2 Answers

They as a series of extremely specific situational questions. "Did this + this + this happen to you while it was raining outside and how did you handle it?"

2 Answers

What is most important to you at this point in your career?

2 Answers

Past experience, why I was looking to leave my current position

110 of 1,057 Interview Questions