Copywriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Copywriter Interview Questions

"When you interview with an ad agency or other business for a copywriting position, the interviewer will ask questions that will determine whether you have the writing skills and advertising knowledge to write material that will help the the agency's clients sell their products. Prepare to present samples of your work and describe the techniques you used to make your material appeal to its target audience. You may be asked situational questions such as how you would use different forms of media to increase the appeal of a product to a range of consumers."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How do you expect to handle this specific aspect of the work when it is so unlike anything you have done before?

1 Answer

The most difficult questions had to do with my personality, but I am glad that he asked. He wanted honest answers about things that bother me, which just tells me that he wanted the right person for his team and not just for the job.

1 Answer

Why did I want to switch careers and go into finance?

1 Answer

Please create this "test" creative brief.

1 Answer

Job #2: Show me your work.

1 Answer

How long have you been a Costco member?

1 Answer

I didn't find any of the questions unexpected. And they weren't difficult in the sense that they were tricky. They were really good questions-- it was a very transparent and straightforward process, which I found refreshing. I took them through my portfolio. They asked me some questions about my experience. They asked why I wanted to leave my (then) current agency. Then they asked how much money I wanted. Finally, they gave me an offer.

1 Answer

Would you be comfortable sacrificing quality for quantity?

1 Answer

Will you be okay working day in/day out only working on email?

1 Answer

Why not do the kind of entertainment writing you started out doing, for a living?

1120 of 580 Interview Questions