Copywriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Copywriter

Copywriter Interview Questions

"When you interview with an ad agency or other business for a copywriting position, the interviewer will ask questions that will determine whether you have the writing skills and advertising knowledge to write material that will help the the agency's clients sell their products. Prepare to present samples of your work and describe the techniques you used to make your material appeal to its target audience. You may be asked situational questions such as how you would use different forms of media to increase the appeal of a product to a range of consumers."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The most difficult questions had to do with my personality, but I am glad that he asked. He wanted honest answers about things that bother me, which just tells me that he wanted the right person for his team and not just for the job.

1 Answer

I will never forget that I was asked "Do you see any moral issue with the monetization of the Gospel?"

1 Answer

Hitting deadlines is another difficult part of this. Even organized, timely people have trouble. Often you might get stuck on a piece of copy and stare blankly at the wall or let yourself get distracted on Facebook. Don't do that. Deadlines are deadlines.

1 Answer

The most difficult part is crafting a writing sample that matches the editorial voice. It requires close reading, creativity, a punny mind, and probably several drafts. The company thrives because of its witty copy, so mastering and being able to manipulate that voice is a very important aspect of getting and keeping a job at LS.

1 Answer

There were lots of "tell me about a time when..." questions

1 Answer

Nothing just a copywriting test

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you screwed up.

1 Answer

Let's talk about customer service. What's more important: getting the job done or satisfying the customer?

1 Answer

what accounts did you work on what is the MOA for you brand what was the project you are most proud of what piece in your portfolio is your favorite do you have digital experience did you manage freelancers do you like high science?

Can you write quickly?