Correctional officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Correctional officer Interview Questions

correctional officer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If you had an inmate who started to have a siezure, two who started fighting, and one who decided to try and scale the fence and run, what would you do?

6 Answers

I would attend to the individual who was having the siezure first by calling for medical back up. I would then call for back-up and attempt to break up the 2 individuals fighting. The one scaling the fence, he got hung up on the barbed wire so, he gets to hang there until my back-up and I can get to him.

I can't even tell you how wrong that answer is!

If you choose to give 'feedback', at least make it constructive by sharing some of your own words of wisdom as to why you feel the answer was "wrong" or incorrect. Simply by making a statement such as yours shows your lack of professionalism.

If you could shoot an inmate.

4 Answers

If a inmate grabbed you near the exit with a knife to your throat what would you do?

3 Answers

Associations with cowokers.

2 Answers

Where can contraband be hidden?

2 Answers

Why did you apply for this job?

2 Answers

Would you be able to shoot an inmate to prevent his/her escape?

2 Answers

How would you make sure every youth got along in the dorms or how would you go about handling it?

2 Answers

If you was doing a cell search and you dropped an inmate radio and broke it and the inmate seen it what should you do?

2 Answers

How would you handle inmates who constantly yelled at you and said extremely derogatory things to and about you?

110 of 334 Interview Questions