Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Counselor

Counselor Interview Questions

3,208

Counselor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is your general attitude toward disciplining children?

3 Answers

I said that kids need structure, but it's important to be flexible and patient and always to remember what it was like to be a kid.

Nice, Hard Spanking, WITH THE BELT! and if they continue, pepper spray on the genitals.

Where I work we just tell them. There are consequences for actions. If you make a bad choice, you may lose 5 minutes of something for example, if you make good choices, sometimes you get rewarded, but we always praise good choices.

what theories work the best for you.

1 Answer

How will you improve a struggling department (job search and counseling) in a difficult economy?

1 Answer

What trends in career counseling am I aware of?

1 Answer

What would you do if a client said they wanted to kill themselves, someone else, etc.

1 Answer

Why do you want to work in Financial Aid?

1 Answer

Had I ever been involved in an incident before? How do you think patient and staff relations can improve?

1 Answer

Interviewer asked how a Counselor should and would work with a family who doesn't respond to communication and doesn't show much interest in working with the School Counselor. Interviewer also asked how a Counselor should handle a case of suspected child abuse.

1 Answer

How well do you do under pressure with children?

2 Answers

They asked me about the theories that I align with and what methods of counseling I am used to.

110 of 3,208 Interview Questions