Credit Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Credit Officer Interview Questions

Credit officer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Tell me about an experience where you had to change a traditional process

My opinion on a specific Borrower of theirs that I had had experience with at my prior firm.

1 Answer

Most difficult piece of all was not being asked any technical questions.

What would you do if you have 1 million ping pong balls?

Basic Questions

1 Answer

Most questions focused on my experience or Situational interview questions. I was asked a couple of odd questions, which I found difficult such as "tell us a joke". It is hard to tell a funny joke to 6 strangers that would not offend any of them.

A lot of questions were targeted at finding out what the processes are at my current institution and how they compare to DB. They did not focus that much at whether I know how to do the job. They focused a lot on my current job, even though the one that I had prior to that for many years was much more relevant to the position. I think I got penalized for this as well as for the fact that I can still do the work which DB allocates to junior people (I always worked for institutions that are run lean, so work with little support, hence know how to do a lot of analytical things that mid- to senior people do not do at DB). On the other hand, it seems that at DB credit professionals do a lot of backoffice type of work, which are handled by a separate team at my current employer. Also, some of the questions are designed to be stressful, but really amused me. Such as "why have you been a VP for such a long time". I am older than most of the people that interviewed me and don't care about this crap anymore, but 10 years ago I did. Now I realize that I should have spent my energy on something else that matters in life, and am amused that other people still care.

More about finance

2 Answers

We just went over my resume and experience. No formal questions were asked

After at least nine different phone and in-person discussions, I'm not sure that there was anything left undiscussed (other than compensation). They were quality questions from experienced bankers. Nothing was surprising or unexpected.

110 of 21 Interview Questions