Customer Contact Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Customer Contact Representative Interview Questions

Customer contact representative interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Work History... Why do/did you want to leave this job? Describe your duties and responsibilities in your job? What do/did you like most/least about your job? Why did you take a break from the workforce? (if applicable) Building Customer Loyalty..... What skills or qualities are important for dealing effectively with customers over the phone? Give me an example of a time when you displayed these skills or qualities. Tell me about your most difficult customer. Describe the interaction (listen for attitude and approach). What was the outcome? We've all had customers who think they know exactly what they need, but later they discover that they really needed something else. Tell me about a time this happened to you. What did you do?

1 Answer

All these questions actually came from the Targeted Selection Interview Guide used by Progressive employees to prepare for internal interviews, they are the same questions used for external candidates also.

Name a good decision you made recently.

1 Answer

Name a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.

1 Answer

They did not ask me any questions other than if the hours were acceptable. They asked me if I had any questions and I asked them I asked them if they had any questions and they said no my resume speaks for itself.

1 Answer

Your previous salary is twice as much as what we are offering. Can you accept working at our salary offer?

1 Answer

1. You are at work and experience a difficult to handle customer on the phone, one who calls you some ugly names, what would you do? 2. You see an employee stealing confidential information about customers. What would you do? 3. Explain a time when you ran into a problem and had to solve it by yourself. What was the problem, how did you solve it, and what was the result?

1 Answer

Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.

What am I looking for in a company or in employment?

1 Answer

Applied Learning... When faced with a change in a system (and/or process/procedure) how did you learn and then apply the new information? Provide a specific example. Tell me about a time when you used multiple systems to accomplish a task? How did you learn to effectively alternate between multiple open screens? In any new job, there are some things we pick up quickly and other things that take more time to learn. In your job at -------, tell me about something you picked up quickly and something that took more time to learn.

Work Standards...... Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager's decision/direction. What did you do? What was the result? Tell me about a time when you had to refer to guidelines to accomplish a complex task? How did you know it was necessary to use the guidelines? We're not always satisfied with our performance. Tell me about the most memorable time that you weren't pleased with your performance. What did you do about it?

110 of 21 Interview Questions