Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Customer Service Interview Questions

Customer Service Interview Questions

As the first point of contact between a company and the client, a customer service representative must have impeccable communication skills and conflict resolution abilities. Expect your interview to consist of a lot of role-play or "describe a time when..." questions that will test your ability to deal with irate clients, work well under pressure, and always keep a calm and professional composure.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Pretend I need to buy a pen, and your company sells pens. Why should I buy your pen?

2 Answers

I described the look and feel of the pen. How it was about the same price as the competition, but it was a better quality and would last longer and therefore save them money in the long run when they wouldn't need to replace it as quickly.

While this pen is slightly more expensive, it is of higher quality craftsmanship. It will not blot or leak like other pens tend to do and is most comfortable in your hand.

When you experienced a tough customer, how did you handle him or her?

4 Answers

How would you deal with screaming customers or stressful environments?

2 Answers

What do you consider exceptional customer service?

2 Answers

How do you see your role within an office that is struggling?

1 Answer

I was asked how do I deliver a "no" to the customer when they are expecting and demanding a "yes" answer.

1 Answer

How do you coach and incentivize people with a limited budget to be the very best they can be for themselves and for the company?

1 Answer

How would you respond to a customer that is complaining they have a hole in a product they just purchased?

1 Answer

How do you handle a difficult customer situation?

1 Answer

I was given a piece of clothing (I think it was a cardigan) and was asked to assume that I was on a call with a customer, and I had to describe the cardigan.

110 of 20,785 Interview Questions