Customer Service Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Customer Service Manager Interview Questions

"Employers are looking for a customer service manager who has the leadership qualities to motivate their team, but also knows how to provide exceptional customer service. Great communication and people skills are necessary for dealing with customer service representatives, as well as the customers, in all situations. In an interview context, be prepared to role-play scenarios where you have to give someone negative feedback, but also when you receive it as well. Questions encompass how you coach, motivate, and develop a successful sales and customer service team. To leave the best impression, bring a polite and tactful attitude to prove that you are the right fit for the job."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I was asked how do I deliver a "no" to the customer when they are expecting and demanding a "yes" answer.

2 Answers

I explained I would review all the avenues to get a yes and if the answer had to be "no" then that would be the clear and concise message I would deliver. No blaming, no excused, I would present a supportive and final company decision.

I would affirm the client by acknowledging how strong of a desire it is to have that feature. I would propose a brainstorming session to look at how we could meet that need in another way that is viable with the company product or service. With this sort of investigation sometimes you can find out a deeper why of the client and come up with a creative solution. And, sometimes the client is looking for something that is not possible and you then need to do the best you can to explain to them why. If you can, work with your dev and TechTeam to find out if there are other solutions available from other providers that can work alongside your product.

How do you handle a difficult customer situation?

1 Answer

How do you coach and incentivize people with a limited budget to be the very best they can be for themselves and for the company?

1 Answer

How do you see your role within an office that is struggling?

1 Answer

To describe a situation that I had to handle on an HR level. Almost like a disciplinary situation but it could have been positive also.

4 Answers

Basically a review of my resume and qualifications, which went very well.

2 Answers

where do you see yourself in five years

2 Answers

Have you ever been terminated from a job for not fulfilling your job duties required?

2 Answers

We are a fully remote office, some people can't work like that, can you?

2 Answers

I can give you $1,000a week, can you do that?

110 of 772 Interview Questions