Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

"As a customer success manager, it's your job to use your expert customer service skills to retain and expand clientele. Employers are looking for candidates who can speak to the value of their products as well as understand the needs of their clients. In an interview, be ready to answer situational questions that will assess your ability to persuade clients and reel lapsed customers back in. CSMs often have to work under pressure, so be prepared to explain how you'll excel in this environment."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How would you change our product?!

1 Answer

Relaunching/repositioning the product with better pricing, packing, etc., after conducting market research, acceptance, views, opinion, etc.

Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer and what prompted you to do so?

1 Answer

Tell me what our product does.

1 Answer

At the end of the case study, be sure to wrap up the conversation with the customer.

1 Answer

Say you and nine co-workers are standing on a lake. You know the lake is completely frozen and is okay to stand on. You find a hole leading to the water underneath. In which order of your co-workers do you jump into the water?

1 Answer

During the case study - the role of the customer is to push back on the customer success manager regarding data quality and spending money on a vendor to fix the problem.

2 Answers

What did you want to be when you grew up?

1 Answer

Asked to explain 3 features of a website that was well designed for a user and why, as well as 3 features that weren't -- but this question may be removed for the future.

1 Answer

No crazy questions or curveballs. Asked about my social media interests, what was important to me in a company environment, and why I applied.

1 Answer

Why do you want to work for Okta?

110 of 423 Interview Questions