dELiA*s Interview Questions | Glassdoor

dELiA*s Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at dELiA*s.

Interview

I applied in the store. I received a phone call a couple of days later for an interview. I did a group interview with 6 girls. Everyone got hired. It was pretty easy. The questions were very general but style and customer experience orientated.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at dELiA*s (New York, NY).

Interview

I started at Delia's as a temp and was reached out by HR for a full-time opportunity. Interviewed with HR and then the potential manager. The interview went smoothly, however I had to negotiate the salary 3 times because their initial offer was severely below average. It was quite unprofessional for a company to give a low-ball offer, which to me shows that they don't really care about the well being of their employees.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at dELiA*s (Edison, NJ).

Interview

At first it was a group interview, then we sat down one by one and answered questions that showed our personalities, then we had a styling component, which you really can't fail on. If you have experience using the cash register, I would definitely bring that up as some point if they ask you about your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to style a mannequin with the seasons latest clothing.   Answer Question

-1234568 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dELiA*s (Manchester, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

It was simple as could be. On hiring we sat down in the back room and she introduced herself and what that company does and is. She asked me average typical questions, nothing difficult. Great environment s

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a great fit   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at dELiA*s.

Interview

The woman took me into the back room and spoke to me. She then took me out to the floor and asked me to "put together and outfit" in about 5 minutes using anything in the store. When I had finished, she asked me a few questions about my outfit. She made it clear that dELIA*s doesn't greet customers in a robotic manner. She emphasized that as a salesperson I would be expected to converse and be friendly with customers.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at dELiA*s.

Interview

I applied in person had an interview with the store manager received a phone interview from the district manager in Texas. Average questions, What is customer service to you, tell me about a time you had conflict. tell me about a time you went out of your way to help a customer..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for $13.00 and the district manager offered $13.50

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at dELiA*s in November 2014.

Interview

the process took about a week. I went into the store to ask for an application, i filled it out and turned it in the next day. I got a call back about a week later asking to go in for an interview. It was supposed to be a group interview but it was only me and another girl. I got there 15 minutes early to look good and prepared but the other girl was about 5 minutes late. The interview was about 45 minutes long, it was very calm and relaxed. The manager asked us a lot of questions and who ever wanted to talk first would go ahead and talk. It didn't really feel like an interview, it seemed more like a conversation. The manager is really nice and very energetic. Thats what they are looking for, someone who is energetic and socializes a lot. Also someone who is a hard worker and is always on time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a friend asked you to give them your employee discount   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at dELiA*s.

Interview

Received call for interview shortly after I put in application. 1st interview was a group interview. There was only one other girl there. The interview was the best interview I've ever been on. We were interviewed by the Assistant Store Manager. She made it very fun while asking key questions. It felt like a conversation you would have with a friend. After a week and a half I called to check hiring status and was scheduled for a second interview. 2nd interview was with store manager. After she finished the questions she hired me and gave me the pay that I asked.

Interview Questions

• Who are your favorite designers?   Answer Question
    • Best Customer Service Experience you've had and why?   Answer Question
    • Is it ok to clock in for a friend   1 Answer
    • If you were running late for your shift what should?   1 Answer
    • What would do if you were tasked to with with someone you don't get along with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Manager gave me amount I asked for on my application.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at dELiA*s (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied in person, and was called back for a group interview about a week later. After my group interview(3 other women: 2 with no previous experience, like myself, and 1 with extensive sales experience.) After about a week or so I was called by my manager and was hired. I started my training within the week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at dELiA*s.

Interview

For my seasonal position I was called back after submitting an application and invited to a group interview in a couple days. When I got there it was me and about 4 other girls, the manager, and one of her senior employees. They asked a lot of questions like our opinions on giving friends discounts, asking a coworker to clock us in when we're not at work yet, our hobbies, what we think "Delia" would be like, things like that. The questions weren't very difficult, they were basically questions determining what kind of employee you would be and what your personality was like. They then gave us all a scenario, and told us to go through the store and pick out an outfit for that scenario. When we'd finished we were asked to explain why we picked the outfit we did. Afterwards we were asked to submit a reference and told we would be contacted shortly if we were going to be hired.

Interview Questions

• "What do you think Delia would be like, if she were a real girl?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really any negotiating, as a seasonal employee I understood that this was their offer, minimum wage on an hourly basis, and that was just what seasonal employees got at this company.