dELiA*s Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

dELiA*s Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2016

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at dELiA*s.

Interview

I applied in the store. I received a phone call a couple of days later for an interview. I did a group interview with 6 girls. Everyone got hired. It was pretty easy. The questions were very general but style and customer experience orientated.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for dELiA*s

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at dELiA*s (Edison, NJ).

Interview

At first it was a group interview, then we sat down one by one and answered questions that showed our personalities, then we had a styling component, which you really can't fail on. If you have experience using the cash register, I would definitely bring that up as some point if they ask you about your past experiences.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to style a mannequin with the seasons latest clothing.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at dELiA*s.

Interview

The woman took me into the back room and spoke to me. She then took me out to the floor and asked me to "put together and outfit" in about 5 minutes using anything in the store. When I had finished, she asked me a few questions about my outfit. She made it clear that dELIA*s doesn't greet customers in a robotic manner. She emphasized that as a salesperson I would be expected to converse and be friendly with customers.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at dELiA*s.

Interview

Received call for interview shortly after I put in application. 1st interview was a group interview. There was only one other girl there. The interview was the best interview I've ever been on. We were interviewed by the Assistant Store Manager. She made it very fun while asking key questions. It felt like a conversation you would have with a friend. After a week and a half I called to check hiring status and was scheduled for a second interview. 2nd interview was with store manager. After she finished the questions she hired me and gave me the pay that I asked.

Interview Questions

• Who are your favorite designers?   Answer Question
    • Best Customer Service Experience you've had and why?   Answer Question
    • Is it ok to clock in for a friend   1 Answer
    • If you were running late for your shift what should?   1 Answer
    • What would do if you were tasked to with with someone you don't get along with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Manager gave me amount I asked for on my application.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at dELiA*s.

Interview

For my seasonal position I was called back after submitting an application and invited to a group interview in a couple days. When I got there it was me and about 4 other girls, the manager, and one of her senior employees. They asked a lot of questions like our opinions on giving friends discounts, asking a coworker to clock us in when we're not at work yet, our hobbies, what we think "Delia" would be like, things like that. The questions weren't very difficult, they were basically questions determining what kind of employee you would be and what your personality was like. They then gave us all a scenario, and told us to go through the store and pick out an outfit for that scenario. When we'd finished we were asked to explain why we picked the outfit we did. Afterwards we were asked to submit a reference and told we would be contacted shortly if we were going to be hired.

Interview Questions

• "What do you think Delia would be like, if she were a real girl?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't really any negotiating, as a seasonal employee I understood that this was their offer, minimum wage on an hourly basis, and that was just what seasonal employees got at this company.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at dELiA*s in June 2014.

Interview

I went in for a group interview with 6 other girls. The manager told us that she was conducting 4 group interviews that weekend and selecting 5-6 girls. We went around the group introducing ourselves and previous jobs. The manager then told us that she would ask us a number of questions and each person could answer as they'd like. There was no order as to who responded to the question. Make and effort to have you voice heard, as it can be a little difficult with so many girls. Also, I tried to keep my responses unique from the other girls.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimum wage-no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at dELiA*s (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

It was very easy to talk to the manager who interviewed. She was very friendly and asked the typical job interview questions. I can't recall any of the questions considering it was over a year ago, but I didn't feel nervous. The one question I remember is "Why do you want to work here?" Which is a pretty easy question to answer in all honesty.

Interview Questions

• I was told to make an outfit using their clothes in the store and sell the outfit to the interviewer. It was a fun and challenging task.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a take it or leave it kinda thing.

Anonymous Employee in Staten Island, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at dELiA*s (Staten Island, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

They showed me around the store asked me some questions regarding customers and customer service. Asked me about past job experience . Everything was lit , ahh ahhh , asked mad questions , showed me some video but I guess it doesn't matter because now they're bankrupt and don't exist anymore

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at dELiA*s (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview and there were a lot of girls that went. First the manager introduced herself then she told us to give our name,phone number, age and the times and day we were available to work. Then, she asked if we had any experience.

Interview Questions

• Well she asked and like talk to everyone except she didn't ask me anything for some reason or maybe she forget since it was a lot of girls and what I like is that they train you there and they hire you first as seasonal so you'll work first for only 1 day a week which is like a 5 hour shift and she asked if anyone wouldn't want to work for a day then they could leave the interview then the other manager who will train us introduce herself and ask some questions as well. also they asked if anyone shops there also she mentioned how some stand out when they first arrive because they seem to be like a happy person giving off like good energy which is what they want their sales associates to like be. also they asked if you knew anyone who worked there.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at dELiA*s in June 2012.

Interview

put in my application she told me to come and hour later and after a few basic questions I was hired.

Negotiation

she told me the highest she could go was $8 with my experience.