Auditor Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Auditor Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

"Employers are looking for auditors who are comfortable with internal procedures and regulations to ensure the quality of their audits. Expect to be faced with many technical questions that test your mathematical and accounting knowledge, as well as your experience with auditing systems. In addition, prepare to role-play scenarios where you must deal with stressful tasks, such as angry clients, under-performing colleagues, or a work load too large to handle. Ultimately, employers are looking for auditors who are passionate about ensuring that others are complying to practices and work well in teams to accomplish goals."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me something you don't like about your current boss.

2 Answers

I think this is the question that sank me. I told them the only thing I didn't like about my current boss was that he didn't stand up for himself to HIS boss. In turn, I spoke ill of my manager's boss while trying not to speak ill of my own boss.

They actually asked me this as well. My last boss I loved and I made sure to indicate that I told them specifically why. The boss I had before that I told them I struggled with because of her lack of availability and thus feedback. It was hard for me to develop professionally if I didn't know where I could improve, because I had no idea what areas I was lacking. Also could not get even a 20min meeting with her 100% attention. Not sure how my response to their question was received though as it was asked over the phone..

work specific questions tide to the position

1 Answer

"What are your weaknesses?" was the most difficult but not so unexpected question. I would recommend everyone to be prepared to answer this question before any interview.

1 Answer

No difficult questions, Torchmark just wants to find anyone willing to contact potential customers and finish out applications. Informed me that most contacts might be hostile.

1 Answer

Name a situation where you were a apart of team and you went above and beyond to help your teammate, and what was the outcome.

1 Answer

Why accounting? Why audit?

1 Answer

I was asked what did I see as the three greatest risk for that area.

1 Answer

Just the usual questions about goals, career plans, situational things, etc.

1 Answer

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

1 Answer

Name all the accounting statements

2 Answers