Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Data Analyst Interview Questions

Data Analyst Interview Questions

Every business collects data, and it's the job of the data analyst to analyze, interpret, and communicate that information in a way that will help drive company decisions. Employers will be looking for candidates with strong technical skills as well as a knack for conveying data in an easy to understand way. Expect a fair number of technical questions, which may include an analytical case study and a math brainteaser.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"Are you planning to have a romantic relationship with your boss?" The case: there are xx amount of jobs with xx employees. You will need to analyze whether to hire or fire employees. Calculate Z score.

1 Answer

phone screening- Five 5th grade level mathematical questions Onsite interview- basic behavioral questions

3 Answers

How would you simultaneously visualize the accuracy of a classifier?

1 Answer

my second case interview where I has to calculate the increase in revenue from campaign

1 Answer

What are the costs of employment verification for credit card applicants?

1 Answer

Difficult questions were mainly about data modeling concepts (which is not my forte). They gave a business use case of how I would store data coming from different point of sales.

1 Answer

They asked why I would leave my old job if I loved it so much (I'd raved about it earlier in the conversation).

1 Answer

Misleading, when you invite a candidate for testing skill, you should say so.

1 Answer

Case study: Sales increased selling price on all items by 5%. There are 10 items, all with different selling prices. Gross revenue was $500,000 before the price increase, with an average selling price of $1. After the price increase Gross revenue was $505,000, with an average selling price of $0.95. Why hasn't the price increase had the desired impact of increasing revenue and average selling price?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time that you had to get the resources / support of a person not directly in your control or functional group.

3140 of 2,538 Interview Questions