Data center engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Data center engineer Interview Questions

data center engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you educate yourself?

behavioral

There were 6 Pre-Qualify Questions; the 6th one was over my head and I didn't even write it down. 1. What is Spanning Tree? 2. What is IEE 802.1Q and what is it used for? 3. What is multicast? 4. From a SAN perspective, why is zoning typically implemented? 5. In a Linux Server environment, where is the log file directory located?

1 Answer

Add up a sum of numbers on a whiteboard and give me the average.

1 Answer

The questions were mostly technical, related to my experience with hardware, application, and services hosted by ADP.

1 Answer

Do you give presentations on a regular basis

1 Answer

Where's a good place to get sushi around here?

1 Answer

What is a: - Stored Procedure - CTE - Clustered vs nonclustered index - HLOOKUP (Excel) , Difference in a function and subroutine (VBA) *Keep in mind the answers don't matter. They don't hire based on knowledge, they hire based on if you fit in. Wear neon. Don't use proper business terminology. Don't speak about revenue or the data environment. They sweat when you do this. Basically don't bring up anything important. Keep it trivial. After all, that's why these people work at Nike, because they washed out of the real tech companies in the area...

1 Answer

Like I said above, come up with as many situations and examples in your career where you failed at something but learned, where you improved something and it's impact and where you had to overcome challenging situations that have a positive outcome.

1 Answer

How do your experiences help you in this role?

1 Answer

I was asked many questions related to the position that I was applying for.

110 of 41 Interview Questions