Database Administrator Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Database Administrator Developer Interview Questions

Database administrator developer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

We have data that gets loaded once a week. With that in mind we have an application that clients enter search data in to and then SQL has to dynamically build a statement that has 25 different data points/relationships. It works fine, but takes upwards of 30 seconds to return the data to the client. You can not change the existing schema, but you can however add to it. Indexes are already present and optimized on all the different tables. What could you do to make this process much faster??

1 Answer

Without being able to restructure the existing schema your only choice is to de-normalize the data. When the data gets loaded on that weekly schedule, also build a flat table so there are no relationships being built.

what is SQL DBA Funtions

1 Answer

What is the word for null in vb?

1 Answer

Given your experience, do you expect to take on a lead / management position? because this is not a lead or management position.

1 Answer

What is your greatest weakness?

1 Answer

Standard interview and technical questions.

1 Answer

The Offer I kick myself now for not using glass door to find out abut this company first.

1 Answer

Both technical and personal. Strengths, weaknesses, preferences, goals. Well rounded questions geared for looking at the whole person, not just the skill set.

110 of 14 Interview Questions