Database Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Database Administrator Interview Questions

"Database administrators specialize in ensuring the safety of the client's data. Candidates should be well-versed in database design, security, and backup. Expect a technical-based interview that will test your ability to restore or find a file, manage databases, and increase the efficiency of a backup. Excellent organizational and communication skills will show that you are the right fit for maintaining the company's database."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

would i work 9 - 5

1 Answer

i was asked to reduce the time taken by the query for execution. standard query passing values in where clause separated by comma.

1 Answer

What things can you do to very the quality of a database?

1 Answer

What's the one question you were hoping I wouldn't ask you?

1 Answer

What does the PMON process do.

1 Answer

The questions I was asked during the technical screens were based on my experience and questions related to said experience.

1 Answer

What do you do if your boss asks you to perform a function that is incorrect?

1 Answer

All of the questions (from the DBA) ended up being difficult to answer because like I mentioned before, I could barely understand what the interviewer was asking & he would not repeat his question & I had to guess at what he was trying to ask. Another thing I cound weird was when the DBA came in, he offered for me to start the interview by asking him some questions. I asked can you take me through a typical day in your life, to which he responded by saying; Well, tell me what you do? (this was actually the only clearly spoken question he asked me).

1 Answer

What is your experience with production databases.

1 Answer

Nothing original here. Most questions avoid technical details, but emphasize concepts.