Database Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Database Administrator Interview Questions

"Database administrators specialize in ensuring the safety of the client's data. Candidates should be well-versed in database design, security, and backup. Expect a technical-based interview that will test your ability to restore or find a file, manage databases, and increase the efficiency of a backup. Excellent organizational and communication skills will show that you are the right fit for maintaining the company's database."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is the worst thing you ever did to an oracle database?

1 Answer

What does an Ora-1555 mean?

1 Answer

What's the one question you were hoping I wouldn't ask you?

1 Answer

how do you create a tablespace

1 Answer

SQL: SELECT Statement Pulling first 500 records from massive query. Joins of tables

1 Answer

They ask me to draw a diagram on 3rd. NF based on a file with a certain format he provided on the board that included fields like "Physician name", "date of service", "Physician type" , etc. I modeled and it was great then he ask me to do it on star schema based on reports he wanted to produce. The scenarios requested were nor clearly defined ( Again no clear direction or any specifics ) bottom line the interviewer was looking for an answer he didn't provide much information and made things really confusing to me to design. At the end I designed what I best understand with the information I had he told me he wanted me to build bridge tables as a solution . Which industry standard dictates that are obsolete and causes performance issues. So it was not the best solution after all.

1 Answer

Please give an example of a time you messed up/were wrong at your current job

Technical UDB questions.