Database Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Database Interview Questions

interview questions shared by candidates

Database Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What are some of the things you might consider when designing a database?

2 Answers

(Books have been written about this). "Normalization vs. denormalization, data model accurately reflects problem domain, adaptability / maintainability, performance, indexing, partitioning.

The key aspects to consider are normalization vs. denormalization, partitioning, data model accurately reflects problem domain, adaptability and maintainability, performance, and indexing

How well can you come up to speed working with Ruby and in a custom non-relational database environment?

1 Answer

Write a SQL command that returns users' order history and the total cost of each order including shipping. There are 3 tables: users table, orders table, order details table.

3 Answers

You have gained access to a Web server with a SQL backend. What SQL command could be used to gain access to the SQL database's underlying Operating System?

2 Answers

If you have two SQL database tables that are not joined together, how would you create another table to join them.

3 Answers

How to you pick up (almost) real-time changes from database tables?

2 Answers

I was asked about how to avoid data corruption in relational databases. (very broadly, not specifics)

2 Answers

Why do I want to leave my current position. I must sound positive, but it's hard when you don't care for your boss.

1 Answer

What databases have you worked with

1 Answer

Don't let the interviewer answer the question for you. He will keep talking and will try to put words in your mouth / help you, or at least give you the feeling. You have to ensure that you are answering the question the way you want to answer it using your ideas, not theirs. Don't be shy.

110 of 59 Interview Questions