Dean Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Dean

Dean Interview Questions

"A Dean at a high school or college serves as the head of a particular domain, whether that be a department, the faculty, or the students. Interview questions will vary based on the role you are applying for, but you should be prepared to discuss your leadership experience, organizational skills, and time management abilities. Employers are looking for candidates with previous educational and administrative experience."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you deal with an unresponsive parent?

1 Answer

Be cordial and patient. It's best to let parents say what they feel but you must also let them know that their child has caused some sort of disruption.

There were MANY role play scenarios. They asked how I would prioritize my day if I had to observe a few teachers, teach a character education lesson, deal with a bus fight, deal with an angry parent in the lobby, cover a teacher's class that had called out and take care of normal administrative activities.

1 Answer

What would you change within the campus? And, how would you go about the changes?

1 Answer

What is your experience with handling confidential and sensitive information?

1 Answer

Can you sell this place? What are our strengths and weaknesses?

1 Answer

Detail a challenging situation whereby you had to make a difficult decision but in hindsight you would have done differently and what did you learn

What are your skills?

1 Answer

If you were in a difficult situation, how would you handle it?

1 Answer

I was asked to revise a lesson I prepped for my demo lesson for increased rigor.

110 of 151 Interview Questions