Dean Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for dean

Dean Interview Questions

"A Dean at a high school or college serves as the head of a particular domain, whether that be a department, the faculty, or the students. Interview questions will vary based on the role you are applying for, but you should be prepared to discuss your leadership experience, organizational skills, and time management abilities. Employers are looking for candidates with previous educational and administrative experience."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you deal with an unresponsive parent?

1 Answer

Be cordial and patient. It's best to let parents say what they feel but you must also let them know that their child has caused some sort of disruption.

What is your experience with handling confidential and sensitive information?

1 Answer

There were MANY role play scenarios. They asked how I would prioritize my day if I had to observe a few teachers, teach a character education lesson, deal with a bus fight, deal with an angry parent in the lobby, cover a teacher's class that had called out and take care of normal administrative activities.

1 Answer

What would you change within the campus? And, how would you go about the changes?

1 Answer

Tell me about why you want to work at Villanova?

1 Answer

My vision for the college

1 Answer

How do I see mentoring as a benefit for a company

1 Answer

The questions and conversation flowed very nicely and focused more on the needs of the school, and what I may have to offer, vs questions based solely on past experience.

1 Answer

If we were to acquire NECB, what would be the biggest challenges?

1 Answer

Describe experience building partnerships (including fundraising) with community based organizations.

110 of 160 Interview Questions