Dean of students Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for dean of students

Dean of students Interview Questions

The Dean of Students serves as the liaison between a university's students and its administration by overseeing all issues related to student affairs. Schools are looking for candidates with past administrative experience as well as strong communication abilities in order to build relationships with students. Deans consistently have packed schedules so come prepared to discuss your organizational and time management skills.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you deal with an unresponsive parent?

1 Answer

Be cordial and patient. It's best to let parents say what they feel but you must also let them know that their child has caused some sort of disruption.

What is your experience with handling confidential and sensitive information?

1 Answer

There were MANY role play scenarios. They asked how I would prioritize my day if I had to observe a few teachers, teach a character education lesson, deal with a bus fight, deal with an angry parent in the lobby, cover a teacher's class that had called out and take care of normal administrative activities.

1 Answer

What would you change within the campus? And, how would you go about the changes?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work for Success?

1 Answer

Tell us about your experience with judicial issues.

1 Answer

How do you handle irate or upset parents.

1 Answer

Left field questions: How/What would you do if (blank) crisis developed and there was no protocol in place?

1 Answer

Why do you want to leave your current job?

1 Answer

The most difficult or unexpected question is the following: What are your weaknesses?

110 of 33 Interview Questions