Dean of Students Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dean of Students Interview Questions

The Dean of Students serves as the liaison between a university's students and its administration by overseeing all issues related to student affairs. Schools are looking for candidates with past administrative experience as well as strong communication abilities in order to build relationships with students. Deans consistently have packed schedules so come prepared to discuss your organizational and time management skills.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

There were MANY role play scenarios. They asked how I would prioritize my day if I had to observe a few teachers, teach a character education lesson, deal with a bus fight, deal with an angry parent in the lobby, cover a teacher's class that had called out and take care of normal administrative activities.

1 Answer

I explained that I would prioritize student safety first and then student instruction and culture. I then went down the list and explained what would be dealt with first and why.

What is your experience with handling confidential and sensitive information?

1 Answer

Left field questions: How/What would you do if (blank) crisis developed and there was no protocol in place?

1 Answer

They will give you scenarios of how would administer consequences to students how committed different offenses.

You will get several case studies and be asked how you would handle the situation.

How do you handle irate or upset parents.

My stance on discipline