Account manager Interview Questions in Delaware | Glassdoor

Find jobs for account manager

Account manager Interview Questions in Delaware

"When interviewing for an account owner position, be prepared to speak to your skills in communications, marketing, and client relations. Employers will be interested in your ability to create long lasting relationships with clients and generate sales for a portfolio of accounts. Your interviewer may test your abilities with a role play question, so be prepared to give a mock sales pitch to a difficult client."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"How did you handle a situation where the customer was upset?"

4 Answers

My go to answer is to always remain calm because people feed off of energy. Also, to listen, understand, apologize and find a solution to assist. Don't know if this is the best answer but it has always worked for me in my experience with servicing upset customers.

I have an interview with them tomorrow and i am extremely nervous!!! Can you remember any other specific questions they asked? I need to prepare myself 100% lol!

"What are some qualities that would make you successful in the CS field?" "What do you expect of your co-workers/ supervisor?"

These were NOT your typical customer service questions I were used too. A few were typical like how you handle irrate customers, about billing cycles and credit card information. But they weren't hard. Just wasn't prepared.

2 Answers

Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer

2 Answers

They asked me what one of my weaknesses are

2 Answers

The questions are fairly standard and there was nothing that popped out as unusual or overly difficult. In a customer service position you can expect to be asked to role play a difficult call. (They're gauging how pleasant you are, not how knowledgeable you are!) The only question that sort of stood out to me was when I was asked if I had ever been convicted or plead guilty to anything. I answered no honestly, and the interviewer asked me about three more times, as if probing to see if I'd "crack" under the pressure. You will have to pass a criminal background check. It made me feel uncomfortable. Aside from that, it's all pretty standard.

2 Answers

What are your long term goals?

1 Answer

Cite a chore at home and give steps to completion.

1 Answer

if there is one thing that would stop you from coming to work what would it be?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work for Discover card?

1 Answer

What do I expect to be in five years?

110 of 117 Interview Questions