Store Manager Interview Questions in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Store Manager Interview Questions in Denver, CO

"When interviewing candidates for the role of store manager, employers are looking for positive leaders that can steer the team towards assisting customers, managing merchandise, and keeping the operation moving smoothly. In an interview context, be prepared to answer questions about your ability to sell a product, resolve issues, and create an enjoyable work environment with strong customer service. You should also be ready to discuss any previous experience in sales or retail."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"You are never going to get anywhere with a communications degree" "Right now, I am asking the questions. I will tell you when it's YOUR turn to ask a question" "Wow it seems like you are just all about money. Would you say that is correct?" "What makes you think you can walk in here after never working here before and manage people who have been working here for ten or more years?" "You think you are experienced? I have worked at...(Starts naming every single clothing store he has ever worked in or managed). That's experience." (First of all, sir, I'm not applying for your job....!) "I have friends who make $1000+ every night serving at high end restaurants in New York City. Wouldn't that be nice? But you couldn't do that." "Your resume is total crap." I was asked TWO questions pertaining to the actual job: Managing approach to employees older than I and that had worked there longer, and what metric I would focus on to get all of them up if we were down for the day.

2 Answers

Some of these questions would have been legitimate had they been worded differently, or asked in a polite and inquisitive manner. The generalized assumptions I could have gone without.

When I read your post and how your interview went, it sounded strangely familiar, so I went to Linkedin and looked up the person whom I believe interviewed you. Bingo. I was going through the interview process at another company and my experience was much like yours. It was humiliating and unprofessional and unlike anything I'd ever experienced. I feel better knowing it wasn't just me!

Tell me about a time when you had to balance the needs of your direct reports and customers.

1 Answer

"If you arent able to master our business within 8 weeks of training, will you consider and assistant position?"

1 Answer

I was asked how I had demonstrated inclusiveness in the workplace.

1 Answer

Am I able to supervise a wide range of people.

1 Answer

Can you tell me if anyone else is pursuing you at this time?

1 Answer

Can you start next week?

Can you start tomorrow?

1 Answer

Name a time you had to deal with a difficult employee.

1 Answer

Great questions, very in depth

110 of 78 Interview Questions