Teller Interview Questions in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Teller Interview Questions in Denver, CO

"Employers hiring bank tellers are looking for candidates who can provide superb customer service regardless of stressful circumstances. Expect a lot of situational or role-play questions that will assess your ability to diffuse unsatisfied customers and handle money professionally. In addition, bank tellers must also be comfortable with counting and handling bills efficiently and accurately, so come prepared to answer a mental math counting teaser."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

In the group interview, we had to pair up, then introduce and "sell" each other to the rest of the room (dumb, but not hard). Really, they are more concerned with how you do than what your partner says about you. Another question was, "What kind of (sales) goals did your employer set and what did you do to meet them?" Also asked about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, why Wells Fargo again, etc.; format was open - the interviewer would ask a question, then allow whomever wanted to answer. I tried to go within the first three or four people (I was in a group of twelve total).

3 Answers

Again, in "selling" your partner, it's better to worry about you doing a good job than them properly describing you. (My partner got every fact about me wrong, but I got the job and she didn't.) For the customer question, the short and clear answers seemed to do best; you want to give a good description of WHY this situation was so unique, and how you exceeded the expectations of the customer, but without droning on. For the sales goals one, I talked about "server bingo," where each server tried to sell various items on a "game board" that we didn't normally sell a lot of; my golden answer was, "I payed attention to what the customer was looking for, and found a way to match that to the products I was trying to sell, without selling them things they didn't really want or need." (Their big thing is assessing needs for customers, so without using those exact words, anything along those lines sounds great to them!)

Do you just explain yourself and your skills to the other person and they take notes on it?

Pretty much, yes - they may or may not actually take notes, but essentially you are giving a brief description of your sales and customer service experience, and why you are qualified for the teller position. Sales is particularly important, because regardless of what they may say, it's a sales job far more than a customer service job (our interviewer actually told us that, and she was right). Things to include when talking to your partner are where you work or have worked, how long, etc., and if you have any, maybe mention a sales award or standard you have achieved. Honestly, though, pay more attention to what they say about themselves than what they are learning about you; you want them to have things to say, but if you sell your partner well, that will reflect well on you. They won't hire someone based off of what someone who has known the person two minutes says about them, but they WILL hire YOU based on how well you can sell that person.

In the one-on-one, the questions were more specific and focused on things like previous job skills, how they would help me with the teller position, etc. This part, though, seemed more about the personality and compatibility than the job skills; the group interview is to weed out people that don't seem to have "what it takes" skill-wise, and the one-on-one is to find out if you're likable. May not be exactly true, but that was my experience.

1 Answer

The phone interview consisted of questions such as what skills I had that would help, "describe one time you had to deal with an upset customer," and why I wanted to work for Wells Fargo.

1 Answer

Tell us about a time when you had to meet a quota. How did you do?

1 Answer

tell me about yourself, how do you deal with irate customer, why wells fargo

Describe a time where you required to meet a difficult goal and how you were able to do so.

How comfortable are you talking with people?

1 Answer

What type of environment do I like to work in.

1 Answer

Why are you interested in the Teller position? What are you looking for in the new position? Please give me an overview of your most recent sales/customer service jobs or work experience you've had? Tell me about the products/services you were selling and how successful you were? Describe something you've accomplished working with a group of people or in a small team. Give me an example of a goal you set for yourself and how you attained it? Give me two examples of when you provided great service to a customer? What did you do? How did you do it? Describe a situation when you had to handle a particularly difficult customer. Describe how you calmed the customer down and resolved the situation effectively. Describe your previous experience handling cash or valuables. How much cash? How often? Any problems?Mistakes? Give me a specific example of the steps you took to learn a new task or product either on the job or at school. Give me specific examples of the steps you took to learn a new computer program. Describe a situation where you were regularly coached by someone to improve performance. As you balance your cash you realize that you are $500 short. How would you handle this situation?

Why you want to work here?

110 of 43 Interview Questions