Department Chair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Department Chair Interview Questions

Department chair interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Standard questions on leadership, vision for future of dept, etc. Offered 5k over a 9 mo. faculty pay for 12 mo plus teaching responsibilities. Kept waiting for them to say they wanted me to mow the grass.

Basic interview questions, why was I applying, what did I do at my last job etc...

1 Answer

Wanted to learn about previous experience.

1 Answer

What do you believe is most important about being a naval science instructor of a JROTC Program?

1 Answer

They gave me a hypothetical situation and asked what I would do.

"How many students have you enrolled in a program in the past? Of those students, how many stayed in the program?" I was supposed to know detailed numbers off the top of my head from a previous job. I was not allowed to guess or to look like I couldn't remember.

I was new to academia, fresh out of grad school, only having served 1 year elsewhere as a sabbatical replacement. So this was my first real full-time position in academia, leading the department. They asked me how I expected to take on the responsibilities with so little experience.

Pepsi or Coke

1 Answer

Basic questions. very informal. gave you the opportunity to size up the competition

110 of 11 Interview Questions