Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Department Manager Interview Questions

Department manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you describe your management abilities?

1 Answer

As the manager of ______ , I took initive and lead of many projects. I had implemented many new ways to complete truck faster and more efficiently. I also took my employees thoughts and concerns to heart and tried to rectify any grievances immediately to avoid turnovers.

Tell me about a time when you had to sell to another associate?

2 Answers

If you were asked to do somthing that you considered immoral or unethical by your direct supervisor how would you handle it. Have ever had this happen and how did you handle it . Describe in detail step by step the action you took to resolve the situation.

2 Answers

Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how your handled it.

2 Answers

Describe a situation in the past that involved you having to go to extraordinary measures to help a customer?

2 Answers

Name a time where you didn't follow company guidelines?

2 Answers

describe a moment when a customer got you upset?

2 Answers

I had to take dog cookies out of a bowl and depending on how many cookies I took I had to tell her that many things about myself. Not that hard as long as it is relevant. This is a tactic the company thinks is "fun". When I became a hiring manager I did not use this tactic because in "group" interviews which was the preferred way the company had us interview, 18/19 year old kids didn't know they were dog cookies and either ate them or would only take one, which didn't result and much conversation.

2 Answers

What would you do with ano angry customer

110 of 950 Interview Questions