Design director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Design director Interview Questions

design director interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"Who should UX report to in a company?" This was the only question asked by the person who made the decision.

2 Answers

Product Management (wrong answer)

Similar interview, they seem to have some really odd thoughts on this. It should definitely roll up to Product Management not Engineering

Only question asked in our now 8 minute call was " How do you handle CONFLICT both inside the firm as well as with the clients? " THIS WAS THE OPENING QUESTION FROM A CREATIVE/ TECHNICAL FIRM? So after I stated I had heard the same first question from another Seattle leading design firm I concluded that coffee and cloud cover make for less than happy work environments in Seattle. Creative, pressure cooker environments are my playground but this is NOT the first question I would ask of my new hires. Total turn off and a super red flag that you will be swimming with nasty sharks in and out of the office. Creativity is not fruitful when the charge is all negative surrounding the teams.

1 Answer

How I would fit into the organization, reporting structure, and advancement possibilities?

1 Answer

Can you use your rare ability to draw and create art to make a gift portrait for the Vice president of the United State and his wife?

1 Answer

Describe the prAna brand character.

1 Answer

Why would people come if I try to hire them into Maxlinear.

1 Answer

That would be "When can you start?"

1 Answer

what process have you implemented had not worked and how how did you backtrack.

1 Answer

Tell me about your process for designing a new feature or product.

1 Answer

To tel about about my previous experiences. I talked about different types of projects I previous worked on.

110 of 162 Interview Questions