Design manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Design manager Interview Questions

design manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Asked questions about injection molding part, any sensor technology used in previous job.

5 Answers

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS 40+ years experiences as Senior Civil Engineer worked on projects in land development, water, sewer, grading, hydrology, CPM schedules, drainage, transportation systems, geotechnical, seismic retrofits, structural designs & construction as Senior Project Construction Manager, Structure Representative, Project Design Engineer, Resident Engineer, Chief Inspector Sr. VP for various horizontal/vertical Public Works & Private projects, Partnership, P3, staffing & reviews (Projs. Cost $4+ billion). EDUCATION B.S. Civil Engineering- Florida International University (FIU) (Florida State, Miami, FL), Miami, FL 1979

40+ years experiences as Senior Civil Engineer worked on projects in land development, water, sewer, grading, hydrology, CPM schedules, drainage, transportation systems, geotechnical, seismic retrofits, structural designs & construction as Senior Project Construction Manager, Structure Representative, Project Design Engineer, Resident Engineer, Chief Inspector Sr. VP for various horizontal/vertical Public Works & Private projects, Partnership, P3, staffing & reviews (Projs. Cost $4+ billion). EDUCATION B.S. Civil Engineering- Florida International University (FIU) (Florida State, Miami, FL), Miami, FL 1979 M.S. Environmental and Urban Systems. Also, M.S Urban Transportation. FIU, Miami, FL 1983 Wrote a master thesis on a major public works project Which saved the owner net net about $100 million present value & about 3 years by implementing the findings, redesigns, value engineerings, & recommendations. P.E. Licensed Professional Civil Engineer Registration No.: 53250, California, Current, not expired, clear.

Even though the position was a Sr Manager -- and I have 20+ years experience - I was given a "homework" assignment more suitable for recent grads and interns. If I was interviewing for CFO, would they have given me a math quiz?

2 Answers

Only question asked in our now 8 minute call was " How do you handle CONFLICT both inside the firm as well as with the clients? " THIS WAS THE OPENING QUESTION FROM A CREATIVE/ TECHNICAL FIRM? So after I stated I had heard the same first question from another Seattle leading design firm I concluded that coffee and cloud cover make for less than happy work environments in Seattle. Creative, pressure cooker environments are my playground but this is NOT the first question I would ask of my new hires. Total turn off and a super red flag that you will be swimming with nasty sharks in and out of the office. Creativity is not fruitful when the charge is all negative surrounding the teams.

1 Answer

"Who should UX report to in a company?" This was the only question asked by the person who made the decision.

2 Answers

If you could be any type of animal, what type of animal would you be and why?

1 Answer

What is your management style?

1 Answer

What is the way of selecting your team?

1 Answer

How I would fit into the organization, reporting structure, and advancement possibilities?

1 Answer

Can you use your rare ability to draw and create art to make a gift portrait for the Vice president of the United State and his wife?

1 Answer

That would be "When can you start?"

110 of 310 Interview Questions