Desktop Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Desktop Support Engineer Interview Questions

Desktop support engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How did you handle an unexpected unpleasant incident in the past.

1 Answer

I did my best to diffuse the incident by gaining the End User's trust, and assuring that person that I would work with them until they were satisfied the problem was resolved.

The networking questions were tough, but fair. The manager who asked me VBScript questions expected me to know the minutiae of VBscript syntax when it is 1) a legacy language that's going out of style faster than you can say "PowerShell", 2) all of that stuff is readily available on the internet and in reference books, so that you can fill your head with more substantive things.

1 Answer

If your co-worker is taking a shortcut and not doing things by the book while working together, how do you handle the situation?

1 Answer

What were some of the challenges you faced in your previous position and how did you resolve them?

Basic steps of troubleshooting

1 Answer

I was asked if I answered the phone in my current role. She then told me I was helpdesk because I answered the phone. I pointed out my laptop/desktop repair responsibilities and recapped my resume.

1 Answer

We have an application that users need to use, but they need admin rights to run it. We don't allow users to have local admin rights, how do we let the users run the application properly without granting local admin rights?

110 of 33 Interview Questions