Dietitian Interview Questions

"When hiring dietitians, employers are looking for candidates with the educational background and certification to properly advise patients as well as the people skills to handle hesitant or difficult clients. In an interview, expect to be quizzed on your knowledge of healthy nutrition and your ability to advise patients that refuse to make alterations to their diets. Be aware that in order to practice, all dietitians must pass a national registration exam."

Dietitian Interview Questions

A dietitian is an expert on food and nutrition. You can expect to answer questions about your background and experience working with clients in an interview. You also might get some behavioral questions to see how you work through different situations.

514 Dietitian interview questions shared by candidates

Top Dietitian Interview Questions & How to Answer

Here are three top dietitian interview questions and how to answer them:

Question #1: How do you build a rapport with your clients?

How to answer: The interviewer wants to learn about your interpersonal skills with this question. You can respond by saying you find out as much as possible about the client's concerns by asking questions and actively listening. You can then talk about how you work with them to come up with solutions that work for them.

Question #2: How would you treat a patient with serious health conditions?

How to answer: This question provides the interviewer with information about your knowledge and ability to work through a complex case. In your answer, make sure to tell them you would work with the patient's medical team to build a nutrition plan that takes their health needs into consideration.

Question #3: How would you manage a patient that refuses to follow your recommended diet?

How to answer: Answer this question with an example from your past experience. You should have a step-by-step process for how you worked with the patient to come up with a solution. You can describe how you explain your recommendations to them in a way that they understand and spend as much time as needed to educate them.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
Huntington Hospital (NY)
Dietitian was asked...August 5, 2012

If I can remember, How would I deal with a difficult patient was a question. I had never been asked this before, I gave them my honest answer even if it sounded woo-woo.

2 Answers

comment I think since she got hired that is something the interviewer wanted to hear I would probably say something along those lines and add that I also follow the golden rule to give the upmost quality and service Less

Probably said I would give them a lot of love, patience and listen to them then discuss with staff/team to resolve. (working there I became known for wanting the difficult ones!) Less

Fresenius

How much renal dietitian experience do you have?

1 Answers

Very little, but I've been told you train your dietitians.

Unidine

Tell me more about your current job requirements

3 Answers

Explained my role as an RD at that time.

Dear.sir/madam i have strength give for your company. I have experience.and i give it for you're company. This job matching my experience. Less

No job sir

Seven Rivers Regional Medical Center

Are you willing to be flexible and work every day of the week?

2 Answers

What is your view of nutrition in this day and age? What is healthy eating?

Age 21 years for eating to like my puls rice vegetables/non vegetarian etc

Ok

clinical experiences and disease managements

1 Answers

nature cure and yoga along with diet, acupressure and other drug less managements were explained Less

The Body Image Therapy Center

Explain a DEXA scan and if it would be helpful for clients here to have done or not.

1 Answers

Defined a DEXA scan, ways it could be helpful, ways it could be triggering.

The University of Kansas Health System

Describe where you see yourself in 10 years?

1 Answers

I value dedication in my current job, no matter what it is. So in doing my best in this position, I am open to where it takes me in the future. Less

Centre intégré universitaire de santé et de services sociaux du centre-ouest de l'île de Montréal

How would you counsel someone with a language barrier?

- Ask for a family member to be present - Arrange for interpretation services

NutraSource RD

What are you looking for in a job?

1 Answers

Supportive team who will be there to help answer any questions / problems I encounter when first starting off . Yet a manager who allows me to have my autonomy and independence at my facilities as well. Less

Viewing 1 - 10 of 514 Interview Questions