Digital designer Interview Questions

"When interviewing for a digital design position, you can expect the interviewer to be interested in your technical knowledge of and experience with digital design software, proficiency in computer programming languages, and artistic mindset. Prepare to answer technical questions about scripting and markup languages such as PHP and HTML as well as behavioral questions meant to evaluate your ability to create original, eye-catching designs."

638 Digital Designer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
ShelfGenie
Print and Digital Graphic Designer was asked...July 21, 2015

What level of (Javascript) coding experience do you have?

1 Answers

None, but I am willing to learn!

Sears

What is your design process?

Sears

What programs do you use to design?

Real Media

Q: When can you start working?

2 Answers

Anytime

Anytime

Are you a Photoshop wiz?

1 Answers

I answered by saying, "I know a lot about Photoshop and Adobe programs, but there is a lot for me yet to learn." Less

News Corp Australia

The manager seemed to be particularly interested in the working hours. having come from an advertising agency background where there are no regular working hours i thought this was odd. soon i realised that this was due to the management's clock watching nature, that makes you feel guilty even when taking a bathroom break.

1 Answers

i said "sure, i'm happy to stay back when required"

Fender Musical Instruments

I was asked to present a digital product I had designed previously.

1 Answers

I gave a thorough explanation of the product and tried to avoid using jargon since I was talking to an recruiter, not a designer. Less

safeXai

What do you think Banjo does?

1 Answers

Banjo offers intelligence technology to help out police forces, fireman, etc. To be better first responders. Less

Lancaster University

Can you introduce one of your graphic design work with us.

1 Answers

I picked one project to give them a walkthrough - the project objective, design process, challenges and how I handle that. Less

Orh Marketing

They asked if I was fluent in a number of software applications.

I responded accordingly.