Direct support professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Direct support professional Interview Questions

direct support professional interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why did you choose this kind of work?

2 Answers

I chose to work with people that have disabilities because I love working with people where I can help them better enjoy their life and watch them progress toward achieving their goals.

I choose this kind of work because I have a passion for caring for individuals that have special needs and I love working with them when I can see them progressing to their goals and knowing I helped them with that.

Note that we're generally supposed to eat the same or similar food as the individuals do, and DSPs cook meals in the programs . . . "If one of your coworkers made some chicken for dinner and it was rather dry (too dry to eat), what would you do?"

3 Answers

Why do you want the position of direct support professional?

3 Answers

What can you bring to our company?

2 Answers

What would you do if you took a client out to eat and the waitress ignored the client, only asking you what your client would want to eat?

2 Answers

What would would you do if a client became physically abusive to you?

2 Answers

If you could be a type of car, what would you be?

2 Answers

Describe what you would do if you were with clients on a trip and one client decided to go AWOL

2 Answers

If a child is upset about the way another staff treated them and that other staff was in the wrong in your opinion, how do you react to the child? Do you talk to your coworker about it or go to the boss about the situation?

1 Answer

Have you worked with adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities before?

110 of 502 Interview Questions