Director, Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Director, Human Resources

Director, Human Resources Interview Questions

Director, human resources interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What strategy would you implement to recruit the best candidates to work for S&N?

6 Answers

Thank you for your positive feedback about the company and our interview process. While I know our interview process has some rigor, this approach ensures that our candidates are a good fit for the role as well as the culture. As you mentioned, the CEO cares deeply about the company and the team members. It is important that we do everything we can to ensure the candidate has a successful future and career with Smith & Noble.

One strategy for recruiting strong candidates is to leverage the current employees' networks. If you already hired a competent employee, it's likely he or she knows other competent people, which saves time during candidate searches. Therefore, set up an employee referral system that rewards employees for recommending good candidates.

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

What was the most difficult employee relations situation I had been involved in?

1 Answer

Describe how you would design and implement a complete employee benefits package including health and retirement programs.

Tell me about a time when you were faced with politics in the office that threatened to derail a project.

7 Answers

What can my past experience and education bring as Director of Operations?

6 Answers

What type of environment do you thrive in?

4 Answers

Is actually a question I asked the COO - the HRD reports to him. What is your Employment Value Proposition, what differntiates you form other construction firms? He said the President would pay for quarterly lunches and talk the employees. Hardly, the answer I was looking for.

4 Answers

What is the first plan of action i will take in my first month of the position and what steps will you take to engage leaders?

3 Answers

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

How long you’ve been in Human Resources?

3 Answers

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

My interviews with the recruiter, HR generalist, and with the HR Director in EMEA were as expected: the questions and conversations focused on past experience in program building, policy, employee relations, development, performance metrics, etc. I enjoyed my conversations with all three of these individuals. My interview with the CEO was bizarre at best. He clearly sees this role as primarily the head of recruiting (completely incongruous with the job description and conversations had with the recruiter and other HR professionals on the team) whose job it should be to be in the interviews for every single candidate that gets hired - which is ridiculous, not to mention impossible at scale. I could go on about this single point for an hour. He then told me he wanted me to interview someone on his team and then tell him what that person's personality is, what their faults are. It was very odd and completely out of place. There was zero conversation about, or questions concerning what an HR Director should actually be doing and focusing on. Given that this role would be a first time senior hire in US HR for a company already at 500 employees, I was baffled by the complete disinterest in discussing actual HR. I walked out of that interview feeling like I had just visited the twilight zone.

2 Answers