Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director Interview Questions

"When applying for a position as a director, be prepared to have your leadership skills and judgement tested by many case studies. These scenarios help employers understand what kind of leader you will be for a team or department at their company, so confidence, quick thinking, and examples of how you have fixed similar problems in the past will be highly advantageous towards receiving an offer."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How do you convince a CIO of a utility to care about energy efficiency?

5 Answers

This is a bit of a trick question. CIO really does NOT care about efficiency because it means less revenue. However, some states are mandating efficiency programs and so the CIO wants to do this as cost effectively as possible. Some utilities in some states also face competition for energy consumption, so a customer engagement program that makes consumers feel good about their utility will help with rate approvals and satisfaction ratings, which will boost the bottom line overall.

He cares because if he can lower the system peak number, he can lesson the amount of spinning reserves he must have in place, whixh in effect is stranded capital.

CIO cares since as a company executive he needs to work with his customers (operating unit executives) to cut costs and increase revenues. By providing a solution that mines data to assist customer to save energry usage - the CIO is prioviding a solution for the utility to flatten its energy demand curve.

In an environment of layoffs and restructuring, how do you keep your team motivated?

3 Answers

What strategy would you implement to recruit the best candidates to work for S&N?

2 Answers

How well do you work with different types of colleagues?

1 Answer

How are you going to make this Company better and more profitable.

1 Answer

What is your current employer doing better than we are? I work in marketing so I had to answer based on my research done prior to interview. I was so happy I did a ton of research/comparison before going in.

1 Answer

What were some of your biggest challenges in dealing with difficult clients and how did you overcome them?

1 Answer

I was asked what sort of projects and work interested me the most.

1 Answer

What can my past experience and education bring as Director of Operations?

1 Answer

Which programs are you most comfortable for you to work with?

110 of 11,695 Interview Questions