Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director Interview Questions

"When applying for a position as a director, be prepared to have your leadership skills and judgement tested by many case studies. These scenarios help employers understand what kind of leader you will be for a team or department at their company, so confidence, quick thinking, and examples of how you have fixed similar problems in the past will be highly advantageous towards receiving an offer."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The manager of component 'A' says his functionality is more important than that of component 'B.' The manager of component 'B' says his is more important than that of component 'A.' You can only implement one A or B, but not both - which do you choose to implement.

13 Answers

I reference the Product Plan and select the component w/ the higher priority. The interview says "There is no Product Plan." I say "I select the one w/ the higher ROI." They say "there is no ROI." I say "then I choose the component whose manager has the best rationale."

I would say to do my own research

I would say whichever is more valuable to customer & gives competitive advantage to Amazon.

How would you deal with screaming customers or stressful environments?

7 Answers

What do you think about firing a great manager, just because they do not agree with corporate management.

5 Answers

Tell me how you would scale a social media software platform?

3 Answers

Suppose you are working on a project with an original scope of a few months and you are told that you instead now have a few days -- how would you handle it?

5 Answers

How do you convince a CIO of a utility to care about energy efficiency?

5 Answers

How would you explain story points to a team who's new to Agile/Scrum?

4 Answers

You notice that adwords revenue for a certain word has dropped in Italy for the last 30 days. How do you go about determining why that has happened?

4 Answers

How would you respond to a customer that is complaining they have a hole in a product they just purchased?

4 Answers

If a customer asked you how much paint we sell in a year and you had to calculate it on a napkin during a meeting, how would you do that?

110 of 175,748 Interview Questions