Director Level Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director Level Interview Questions

"When you apply for director-level positions, employers will be interested in your management experience, technical skills in the industry, and communication and leadership skills. Before attending the interview, prepare answers to common behavioral and technical questions such as �What is your personal management style?� and �What hands-on work experience do you have in this industry?� Employers will want to make sure your skills are well-rounded enough to supervise company programs from the top down, manage budgets, allocate resources, make difficult decisions, and communicate with clients and subordinate employees on a regular basis."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Questions spanned from work experience examples all the way to my personality. What keeps me motivated and what do I like about my job.

1 Answer

I answered everything honestly and with as many examples that I could come up with.

A lot of process questions, such as how to accomplish specific things, end to end. They did a total review of my history, especially with other companies. They seem to want well-rounded people who have technical skills and can deal with customers.

1 Answer

What is your management style?

2 Answers

Why are you here today? -- Senior VP

1 Answer

Was interviewed on site by a contract consultant, and he asked about gaps in my resume as a consultant.

1 Answer

Standard fare, they did ask about my ability to work with few resources - i.e. work as both manager and individual contributor.

1 Answer

The recruiter asked about my salary requirements and salary history before I even met with my (potential) manager to learn more about the position.

1 Answer

Do you delegate or are you more of a doer?

1 Answer

How many traffic lights in Manhattan?

2 Answers

How would you handle the environmental backlash against tree cutting?

110 of 75 Interview Questions