Director Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director Marketing Interview Questions

1,035

Director marketing interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How do you convince a CIO of a utility to care about energy efficiency?

5 Answers

This is a bit of a trick question. CIO really does NOT care about efficiency because it means less revenue. However, some states are mandating efficiency programs and so the CIO wants to do this as cost effectively as possible. Some utilities in some states also face competition for energy consumption, so a customer engagement program that makes consumers feel good about their utility will help with rate approvals and satisfaction ratings, which will boost the bottom line overall.

He cares because if he can lower the system peak number, he can lesson the amount of spinning reserves he must have in place, whixh in effect is stranded capital.

CIO cares since as a company executive he needs to work with his customers (operating unit executives) to cut costs and increase revenues. By providing a solution that mines data to assist customer to save energry usage - the CIO is prioviding a solution for the utility to flatten its energy demand curve.

What was the most comprehensive marketing strategy you defined and executed?

1 Answer

How do you motivate people?

1 Answer

How are you going to make this Company better and more profitable.

1 Answer

What is your current employer doing better than we are? I work in marketing so I had to answer based on my research done prior to interview. I was so happy I did a ton of research/comparison before going in.

1 Answer

What do you see the organization doing to raise it in prominence?

1 Answer

Why would you want this job when it is in an area where Microsoft has a poor track record of success?

How do you sell?

4 Answers

What would you do to improve the performance of our Plate products?

2 Answers

Tell me about your skills with Excel.

110 of 1,035 Interview Questions