Director of Business Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director of Business Development Interview Questions

Director of business development interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How would you overcome a client's dissappointment if the products and services you were to offer did not meet their expectations and did not want to pay for products or services rendered?

2 Answers

I was not expecting that kind of question. I answered by saying the customer is always right, I would recommend additional services for free and encourage the client to commit to using VMS another time before utilizing a competitor.

I would refer the consumer back to the marketing or sales department.

What would I do on the job in my first 90-180 days?

2 Answers

The most difficult questions had to do with how I would market their products to the Retail Market. The question was, "How can we build a POS solution for retailers that is differentiated?"

1 Answer

How would you overcome objections of carriers that are in the business of saying no.

1 Answer

How would you define success within 30, 60, 90 days? How about 6 months to a year?

1 Answer

Have you ever had the Challenger sales course

1 Answer

Why would you be a good fit for this position?

1 Answer

Why do you think you could do this job?

1 Answer

Be prepared for a CIDS style interview i.e. Chronological In-Depth Structured interview. This requires you to answer the same series of questions for everything listed on your resume and application. I was asked questions starting from high school to my current position (spanning the last 15 years of my life). The CIDS style also requires you to rate your previous supervisors by describing their strengths and weaknesses. You will also be asked to list and explain your own strengths and weaknesses.

1 Answer

Describe a time when you had to make a decision when you really would have preferred more information.

110 of 264 Interview Questions