Director of communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director of communications Interview Questions

"Companies hiring a Director of Communications are looking for applicants with the leadership abilities and public relations expertise to be the external voice of the company. In an interview, come ready to discuss your background in written and oral communication, experience managing a team of writers, and any relevant experience in advertising or marketing. Be prepared to discuss what direction you would take the company's communications in or answer a situational question in which you must make a critical decision."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What do you see the organization doing to raise it in prominence?

1 Answer

Creating cultural community events that are not directly related to selling subscription programs.

What is your current employer doing better than we are? I work in marketing so I had to answer based on my research done prior to interview. I was so happy I did a ton of research/comparison before going in.

1 Answer

What is your opinion of including social media in the overall communications process?

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

"Is there anything that would come up in your background check, such as payments being made to the government with a balance that's over $10,000?"

4 Answers

If you could relate to any TV character, who would it be and why?

1 Answer

What are your long term career goals?

1 Answer

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

There really wasn't one. I had a great familiarity with one of the executives and he wanted me on board.

1 Answer

Why am I even interviewing you?

1 Answer

So, tell me why you're a good fit.

1 Answer

How much experience have you had as a volunteer/working w/ volunteer populations?

110 of 316 Interview Questions