Director of Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director of Communications Interview Questions

"Companies hiring a Director of Communications are looking for applicants with the leadership abilities and public relations expertise to be the external voice of the company. In an interview, come ready to discuss your background in written and oral communication, experience managing a team of writers, and any relevant experience in advertising or marketing. Be prepared to discuss what direction you would take the company's communications in or answer a situational question in which you must make a critical decision."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is your current employer doing better than we are? I work in marketing so I had to answer based on my research done prior to interview. I was so happy I did a ton of research/comparison before going in.

1 Answer

They do a better job of promoting and communicating their programs.

What do you see the organization doing to raise it in prominence?

1 Answer

What is your opinion of including social media in the overall communications process?

1 Answer

They asked me about my experience writing for human resources and I had no experience, thinking the job was all around communications.

1 Answer

What was the last business book I read?

1 Answer

How do we dumb down our content for the public [on social media]?

1 Answer

Tell me about a marketing program your developed?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when you failed

1 Answer

The Society Marketing Exercises Brochure Feedback Please review the following brochure and give your comments on making improvements. This is currently an 8 ½ x 11 Full Color brochure foldout on hard stock designed for college administrators (primarily student activities directors) http://www.societyleadership.org/files/pdf/program.pdf Direct Marketing Letter • Scenario: Currently there are 100,000 members in the senior class. The Society has shifted from offering lifetime memberships to charging annual dues with a separate alumni membership option. • Objective: Transition at least 40,000-60,000 active members to alumni members paying annual dues. •Assignment: Write a letter to current members in their senior year with the objective of having them join our alumni membership program. Feel free to be creative in coming up with the products/services that are benefits of membership. Please come up with a fee structure.

1 Answer

Why do you want to come in from the field as a msl from another company when you were already inhouse in medical affairs at another cpnpany?

110 of 157 Interview Questions