Director of Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director of Design Interview Questions

Director of design interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why would people come if I try to hire them into Maxlinear.

1 Answer

Because they have followed before.

Can you think outside the box?

1 Answer

They asked a lot of hard questions, specifically about how to lead a design team and how to handle taking over an existing design. The most difficult they question they asked was also the most crucial to their project: How do you handle a disagreement with the product owners when you know they're wrong?

1 Answer

They asked me to critique their Alumni magazine.

1 Answer

Talk to me about a project you were on that failed and why it failed.

1 Answer

Only question asked in our now 8 minute call was " How do you handle CONFLICT both inside the firm as well as with the clients? " THIS WAS THE OPENING QUESTION FROM A CREATIVE/ TECHNICAL FIRM? So after I stated I had heard the same first question from another Seattle leading design firm I concluded that coffee and cloud cover make for less than happy work environments in Seattle. Creative, pressure cooker environments are my playground but this is NOT the first question I would ask of my new hires. Total turn off and a super red flag that you will be swimming with nasty sharks in and out of the office. Creativity is not fruitful when the charge is all negative surrounding the teams.

1 Answer

How I would fit into the organization, reporting structure, and advancement possibilities?

1 Answer

Questions about other companies. Mining for information about competitors.

1 Answer

What do you know about our company and how do you see yourself fitting in.

1 Answer

I haven't been able to get a job yet

110 of 147 Interview Questions