Director of Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director of Operations Interview Questions

"As a director of operations, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a company. Your responsibilities as an operations director will vary by company as will the interview questions you are asked. Prepare to answer multiple questions regarding your communication skills and ability to delegate tasks as well as technical questions regarding your technical understanding of the operations of purchasing, sales, and manufacturing departments. A typical director of operations will possess a master's degree in business administration."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What can my past experience and education bring as Director of Operations?

1 Answer

Having years of experience in Human Resources and Hospital Billing, you are always brought into some or all aspects of Operations - I assured them that I was the right candidate.

Have you handled major systems replacements and worked to manage several other projects at the same time to ensure interoperability.

1 Answer

What was my management style/approach?

1 Answer

How well do you work with different types of colleagues?

1 Answer

If you were an animal, what animal would you be? AND If you could have a superpower, which one would it be? (REALLY)

3 Answers

How would I tackle a specific situation in a certain department?

3 Answers

Many technical and leadership questions

1 Answer

Nothing really too crazy. I did one "case" interview which was less structured compared to other firms--more just brainstorming. The hardest question for me was, "describe a situation where someone who worked for you was underperforming, and what did you do to help the situation?"

1 Answer

Questions were specific to the experiences on my resume.

1 Answer

Why should we hire you over anyone else?

110 of 498 Interview Questions