Director of operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

director of operations Interviews

Director of operations Interview Questions

"As a director of operations, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a company. Your responsibilities as an operations director will vary by company as will the interview questions you are asked. Prepare to answer multiple questions regarding your communication skills and ability to delegate tasks as well as technical questions regarding your technical understanding of the operations of purchasing, sales, and manufacturing departments. A typical director of operations will possess a master's degree in business administration."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What times of the year do you think it's especially hard to get driver supply out?

2 Answers

On holidays. That's why the price surge on these days is an incentive for the drivers to work.

Holidays indeed, but more importantly around "the holidays." People aren't as willing to give up their precious time off to bust their behinds driving people around.

He asked me two questions, they were both about how I would fix a branch with low morale and engagement.

1 Answer

Have you handled major systems replacements and worked to manage several other projects at the same time to ensure interoperability.

1 Answer

How well do you work with different types of colleagues?

1 Answer

What can my past experience and education bring as Director of Operations?

6 Answers

What was my management style/approach?

1 Answer

At what point would you resort to terminating a employee?

1 Answer

Tell me about something you don't like to hear from employees.

1 Answer

If I handed you a rubiks cube and told you that it had to be solved by tomorrow, how would you respond?

11 Answers

Behavioral based questions were easy to prepare for. Amazon prefers the STAR (situation, task, action, result) method to answer. Would suggestion preparing for the math flow question. I was asked the following: You have 30 associates who all work an 8 hour day, 5 days a week. 2 need to be in indirect (non-volume producing) roles. Your direct (production) rate is 150 units per hour, but you have two 15-minute breaks during the day. How many units can your department produce in a 40 hour week?

9 Answers