Director of Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director of Operations Interview Questions

"As a director of operations, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a company. Your responsibilities as an operations director will vary by company as will the interview questions you are asked. Prepare to answer multiple questions regarding your communication skills and ability to delegate tasks as well as technical questions regarding your technical understanding of the operations of purchasing, sales, and manufacturing departments. A typical director of operations will possess a master's degree in business administration."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Do you have people skills that will keep the employees from leaving.

1 Answer

What do you think of the people of Chicago?

1 Answer

Lean experience. Have you had to fire someone in your past?

1 Answer

What motivates you to perform at your current position?

1 Answer

Can you work work well with veterans who might scream at you due to trauma.

1 Answer

What would you do if money didn't exist. Very thought provoking

2 Answers

they provided 5 questions to complete. some of the questions were irrelevant to the professional job. 1) like what is one thing you believe in that your friends and colleagues don't). How about asking real questions? (My personal beliefs are not related to work and not you're business). I answered it professionally. 2) What do we do? I answered the company provides online effectiveness and ad metrics (which "Chief" profusely denied they did not provide metric or BI). He indicated they just aggregate and dumb data. (Huh?) Is that what customers pay big bucks for? I provided their HR the definition of BI to forward to him so he is aware of the definition of unstructured to structured data.. They do provide some metrics. This was his misunderstanding.. "Chief" has a Law degree background and isn't a technologist so that's why he wouldn't know BI or the nature of it but surprising with how quickly he jumped to conclusions to dismiss me. 3) How did you like this business school? I responded I liked it. He responded well I thought it was interesting (basically he was saying I didn't like you're business school). I felt I was talking to a high school student who needs confirmation. He is into popularity and being in the "In" crowd. Overall, the role did not work out but might have been good if I had to work with a mystic Science Fiction geek who believes in cryptic phone interviews, conversations and questions with hidden meanings. Good thing though they don't drag interviews on.

1 Answer

They don't ask many questions. Again very unprofessional and more concerned with how cheap they can pay you or who you know in the industry. The nurse just complained about how disorganized they were and ask why I wanted to work for Enlivant. She even said she was just waiting for a better opportunity. Said she had been with the company 5 months and had 3 different bosses.

1 Answer

Why are you looking to make a move.

1 Answer

If I called people you did NOT list as a reference, what is the WORST thing I would hear?