Director of Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director of Operations Interview Questions

"As a director of operations, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a company. Your responsibilities as an operations director will vary by company as will the interview questions you are asked. Prepare to answer multiple questions regarding your communication skills and ability to delegate tasks as well as technical questions regarding your technical understanding of the operations of purchasing, sales, and manufacturing departments. A typical director of operations will possess a master's degree in business administration."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

For this position, questions around Excel skills

1 Answer

they provided 5 questions to complete. some of the questions were irrelevant to the professional job. 1) like what is one thing you believe in that your friends and colleagues don't). How about asking real questions? (My personal beliefs are not related to work and not you're business). I answered it professionally. 2) What do we do? I answered the company provides online effectiveness and ad metrics (which "Chief" profusely denied they did not provide metric or BI). He indicated they just aggregate and dumb data. (Huh?) Is that what customers pay big bucks for? I provided their HR the definition of BI to forward to him so he is aware of the definition of unstructured to structured data.. They do provide some metrics. This was his misunderstanding.. "Chief" has a Law degree background and isn't a technologist so that's why he wouldn't know BI or the nature of it but surprising with how quickly he jumped to conclusions to dismiss me. 3) How did you like this business school? I responded I liked it. He responded well I thought it was interesting (basically he was saying I didn't like you're business school). I felt I was talking to a high school student who needs confirmation. He is into popularity and being in the "In" crowd. Overall, the role did not work out but might have been good if I had to work with a mystic Science Fiction geek who believes in cryptic phone interviews, conversations and questions with hidden meanings. Good thing though they don't drag interviews on.

1 Answer

They asked my supervisor if he could "let go so he (me) could do his job" He said yes, but he never has.

1 Answer

C-level execs spoke in Spanish to me.

1 Answer

Describe what roles you would want to take on after this role and your ideal top position.

1 Answer

Very general questions and then asked to take an IQ test, which I scored 98% on and a job fit personality test, which I scored 90% on. I was told that I score very high and was almost immediately offered the position.

1 Answer

How would I measure the effectiveness of Marketing programs?

1 Answer

Can you work work well with veterans who might scream at you due to trauma.

1 Answer

If you had a place mat, a plate, a fork, a knife and a spoon, what would you be and why?

1 Answer

What would you do if money didn't exist. Very thought provoking

2 Answers