Director of Product Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Director of Product Development

Director of Product Development Interview Questions

Director of product development interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Are you ok w/going to China?

1 Answer

I'm single and spent my 20's flying bk and forth btwn continents so it's easy for me to pack up and go as long as I have time to line up a pet sitter. I love working in China and mentoring the team/factories to deliver the best products.

How do I feel about China?

1 Answer

What's your management style?

1 Answer

How do you feel about China (b/c the position required a working partnership w/internal team members and vendors in China)?

What's your process?

1 Answer

What is your management style?

The usual. Very inexperienced interviewers

Why I left each job I had

1 Answer

There weren’t any major curve balls or unexpected questions. Typical questions related to advertising, in particular online and audience targeting. The toughest question was explaining my current compensation structure during the HR screen. This position was somewhat outside of my core area of expertise, which is why I did not receive a job offer.

I didn't find any of the questions particularly difficult. There were some very specific scenarios posited with regards to strategic decision making, priority setting, team dynamics and resource contention that I interpreted as being exigent issues for the company. The impression this left me with is that early tasks for the person stepping into this role would be to clarify certain roles and reporting responsibilities and ensure that the production roadmap was clearly aligned with strategic business priorities and well communicated to all levels of the company.