Director of project management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Director of project management Interview Questions

13,898

director of project management interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Suppose you are working on a project with an original scope of a few months and you are told that you instead now have a few days -- how would you handle it?

5 Answers

Assuming the scope reduction is feasible, I would toss out everything except the highest priority deliverable.

As long as the project is on track and I am in day >55, I'd say; " No issue."

I would say evaluate the overall impacts and risks then communicate it with your sponsor (customer). Let he/she to decide then document it.

How would you explain story points to a team who's new to Agile/Scrum?

4 Answers

"name the 3 types matrices used to manage risk in a project using information taken from PMBOK (Project Management Book of Knowledge) "If you have 5 projects running concurrently, describe a single matrix that would easily show how each of those projects were doing"

4 Answers

What is your idea of reasonable turn around time for a project?

3 Answers

Provide a specific situation from your work history when you failed as a Project Manager and what did you do about it?

2 Answers

How would you handle insubordination or direct reports failing to meet expectations

2 Answers

How do you manage people resisting change yet the leadership is requesting output that requires something difference.

2 Answers

How do you define project plan?

2 Answers

How do you run an Agile meeting?

2 Answers

Have I ever managed a project where my deadline move-up abruptly? Was I able to meet that deliverable deadline, and if so, how?

1 Answer